Odd Error or Uneducated Operator?

May 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Edited May 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM

My friend and I recently decided to get into game design and development. However neither of us are Above Average when it comes to coding, especially in C#, he's in college still for Game Design and has only took the intro course to VB.Net and C++, I had the intro course to VB.Net when I was in college. So bare with me as I explain the issue I'm having.

I downloaded the source files, having already installed XNA 4.0 Refresh and worked with it a little by following a tutorial. I extracted the files to the desired folder and then opened the TechCraft4.0.csproj in VS 2010 Professional, I then added the TechCraft4.0Content.contentproj file as an existing object.

When I go to debug the project/game I get an error that says "ContentLoadException File Not Found" on 'Fonts\\console.spritefont' . I checked the bin\x86\Debug\Fonts\ folder to see if the file was being copied or compiled as it should be and it's not there.

How can I resolve this error?

The "NewTake" game Debugs fine however I can only move around destroying things? Not sure if there's supposed to be more there, then again I've not setup XNA with my 360 either so.

Edit:  I deleted the extracted files and extracted them again, then did exactly what I did up there and it no longer errors on the console.spritefont file, instead it errors on -

blank = game.Content.Load<Texture2D>("Textures\\blank");

I don't see a file in the Content folder labeled blank and I'm not sure what kind of file it should be..