What would you like to see added?

Developer
Aug 31, 2012 at 7:09 AM

As one of the original devs on this engine, I'd like to put a question on this discussion forum to ask any followers simply what features would be of interest to you to see added to this engine.

We have seen 3 commercial games released so far (as of 31st Aug 2012) using this engine, which is very rewarding to see. It proves that the engine is of a level where further code can quickly result in interesting and fun games, both for PC and XBOX360. 

So I hope we get a few replies on this post, and see if we can make this engine even better!

Thanks to all who continue to follow this project, which isn't dead by the way.

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:27 AM
Edited Sep 11, 2012 at 4:32 AM
  • MonoGame compatibility
  • ParticleEffect added since its missing in the source makes the example useless
  • Voxel engine separate from game logic makes it less confusing to jump into maybe an API to plug it into a game (I tried ArdorCraft it was a breeze to get setup)

All these would be great and hopefully sometime in the future will be added.  Unfortunately I won't be able to be back to comment for awhile.

Developer
Sep 11, 2012 at 7:02 AM

MonoGame compatibility is one area that would allow this engine to move cross platform, so is definitely a viable feature. In preparation of that, I think parts of the engine and game logic need to be split as you mention.

ParticleEffect could be added quite easily.

Let's see if there are any further comments first, before investigating whats needed to make such changes.

Sep 16, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Edited Sep 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM

What would be realy nice would be a class-separation for blocks like in the source of Minecraft, so you can actually create a separate class for each blocktype, but got a base-class (obvious) "Block" which can be inherited for complete new blocktypes.