Standardized Texture Maps

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:56 AM

Hey guys I'm new the project and like what I see.  Looks like a lot of work so far and a lot more fun to be had.  But I noticed that when I went to mod the texture map it I couldn't use Minecraft maps; the blocks are not in the right order.  I'd like to suggest we support minecraft texture maps.  A contribution I'd be happy to make myself.

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Welcome !

We had this discussion already, and even some code on an old fork from a contributer (ycatse) .  

The problem is we dont want to end up with minecraft s blocktype class, having a workbench and a furnace in our game engine ! And we would like to avoid license problems ( commiting the code with a texture from a minecraft mod was a mistake ).

So i got a suggestion for you : write a Minecraft->Techcraft Texture import/conversion tool . Just something that goes from one blocktype order to another, or go crazy and make it a full program with drag and drop UI  !

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:08 AM

An import tool is a good idea.  I'll see what I can do.  I'm pretty swamped at work at the moment so don't expect anything too wild just yet. :)

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:56 AM

As enomi said we won't directly support minecraft texture packs, however in the latest source i've increased the size of our texture library to 16x16 blocks - which gives us room for more block types but should mean it's easier for you to do some sort of import tool.