How do you enable "infinite" terrain generation?

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Hi guys!

First of all, great work you guys did here, thanks a lot for sharing it with all of us!

I've read in a few different places (incl. in this discussions here), that Techcraft supports infinite terrains. However, the demo project is not using this.
Is there a simple was to "enable" the infinite generation or do I need to reverse engineer the engine and implement that functionality?

I've had a look at voxeliq too....which has the Infinite functionality implemented by default, but unfortunately, voxeliq apparently is not updated anymore and has some bad issues with some broken voxels, so I wanted to get back to Techcraft instead! :)

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback!
Apr 2, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Hi DanielJC,

The NewTake project has infinite terrain. Simply set it as the startup project in Visual Studio, and you are good to go!
Apr 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Hi Jacoo2!

thanks for the fast feedback!
I have tried NewTake (latest version from codePlex) .....but if I walk to the "end" of the terrain, all I get is this "black area" instead of newly generated terrain.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Apr 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Did I do something wrong when using NewTake? Is there maybe a flag to be set, in order for the "infinite" world, continuously to be generated?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback!
Apr 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Edited Apr 19, 2013 at 5:15 PM